Bill McKibben, of 350.org
Thursday, March 3, 7pm
Talbot Hall, USM Portland
Peace Action Maine presents Bill McKibben of 350.org, via live video call, and a local panel speaking on "Creating a Climate for Peace," March 3, at 7 pm in Talbot Hall, USM, Portland campus. Bill will speak on the COP 21, the United Nations conference in Paris in December 2015, on climate change.
The local panel will include:
- Meaghan LaSala, Divest UMaine and Southern Maine Workers Center
- Iris SanGiovanni, Maine Students for Climate Justice and Protect South Portland
- Chloe Maxmin, Divest Harvard, writing a book on climate for The Nation
- Lee Chisholm, 350maine.org/greater_portland
- Sherry Mitchell, Esq., Land Peace Foundation, Maine Students for Climate Justice, Indigenous Rights attorney
Co-sponsored by the Environmental Science and Policy Department, USM.
Please join us!
If you weren’t able to attend Tuesday’s PAM Annual Meeting with Keynote speaker Dr. Bennis about Syria and ISIS, here are links that include most of her talk.
Also included: the award acceptance speech delivered by 2015 Peacemaker Jessica Moore, wrapping up so much in just a few short sentences.