News at PAM
Join us for a facilitated meeting on October 13th:
- This meeting will be professionally facilitated by Craig Freshley of Good Group Decisions in Brunswick. Our purpose in meeting with Craig is to share and develop ideas about the future of PAM as an organization, and other peace activities originating in Maine, over the next few years. A light supper will be provided for participants free of charge, beginning at 5:30. Please come and bring your most constructive ideas about how you and PAM may move the great cause of peace forward in the coming years. RSVP would be very helpful but is not required at email@example.com or by phone at (207) 772-0608.
Date/time: Thursday, Oct. 13, 6-9 p.m.
Place: Abromson 216, on USM campus
PAM Annual meeting and keynote address:
Please join us Saturday, October 29 to hear keynote speaker, Nermeen Shaikh, co-host of Democracy Now! The PAM annual meeting, including a traditional potluck supper, will be held the same day. Please RSVP to our facebook event if you haven't already! If you are planning to enjoy the potluck, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the food you will bring as soon as you can.
We signed a petition telling LePage that we won't tolerate his racism any longer. Show your support. We stand with Central Maine Showing Up for Racial Justice (SURJ) and the myriad of other cosigning organizations around the state and urge you to, too.
Recent PAM Events
Bill McKibben, of 350.org, spoke via satellite for a crowd of 75 on Thursday, March 3, 2016 at 7pm, in Talbot Hall, USM Portland.
A local panel spoke on "Creating a Climate for Peace," Bill spoke on the COP 21, the United Nations climate conference in Paris that took place in December of 2015.
Co-sponsored by the Environmental Science and Policy Department, USM, the local panel included:
- Meaghan LaSala, Divest UMaine and Southern Maine Workers Center
- Iris SanGiovanni, Maine Students for Climate Justice and Protect South Portland
- Chloe Maxmin, Divest Harvard, writing a book on climate for The Nation
- Lee Chisholm, 350maine.org/greater_portland
- Sherry Mitchell, Esq., Land Peace Foundation, Maine Students for Climate Justice, Indigenous Rights attorney
If you weren’t able to attend Tuesday’s PAM Annual Meeting with Keynote speaker Dr. Bennis about Syria and ISIS, here are links that include most of her talk.
Also included: the award acceptance speech delivered by 2015 Peacemaker Jessica Moore, wrapping up so much in just a few short sentences.