Maine Advocacy Team
Relationships Create Change
The Maine Advocacy Team is a group of neighbors whose nonpartisan work seeks a federal budget that reflects our moral values. We invite you to join our team with as much energy as you feel comfortable sharing. We can provide training for our legislative visits, media campaign and outreach.
We believe we must begin shifting funds from Pentagon waste to the support of diplomacy, training in foreign languages and cultures, people to people exchanges, developmental assistance, human rights, and the prevention of genocide and atrocities.
We regularly speak with the staff of our senators and representatives, present them with petitions, and work with over a dozen lobbyists in Washington. We write opinion pieces and letters to the editors of Maine papers.
Would you like to be part of a grassroots effort with over 90 groups in 38 other states? Might you want to help us work to:
- Prevent genocide and atrocities?
- Control nuclear weapons?
- Get the federal budget to spend more on the environment and less on the military?
- Encourage congress to reassert its authority to make wars?
We need Mainers who are willing to:
- Communicate with our lobbyists in Washington
- Visit Congressional Offices in state or in DC
- Call our Senators and Speak with our local representatives
- Read Maine papers and tell us about relevant articles
- Write letters to the editors of Maine papers
- Contribute money for informational flyers
- Staff tables with information about how our tax dollars are spent
If you might like to help us with any of these essential tasks to the extent that works for you and on the issues you are passionate about or would like to find out more please email:
We have ongoing relationships with our Maine legislators and have access to training and current information from the Hill through the Friends Committee of National Legislation. We believe that changing hearts can change policy.